Feb 15, 2007

As I See It




This world is not the place we think it is.
It is only as good as we allow.
Part of the world says, “Do, but take your time.”
The other part says, “Get it done right now!”

On which side of the fence do I find you?
Hopefully, on the same side you find me.
One side says, “Disagree, and you’re my foe.”
My side says, “Dissention sets us free.”

What you believe clouds your personal view,
but, it is our right to choose, and chart our course.
It’s much like those who marry understand
when mates can’t compromise, there is divorce.

Make individuals a society.
Those who try to force their will, start a war.
Society crumbles under oppression,
'cause most believe in something they will die for!

Civilization sets its own boundaries
as high, or as low, as its people demand.
If they put in place the right set of rules,
the ruled, and the rulers, can live hand-in-hand.

A civilized world is not a pipe-dream,
but it takes its just toll on all who partake.
It’s hard work, sweat, and sometimes some blood;
but we do it . . . for each family’s sake!


Papa

© John F. Templin
Created-2/8/2007 6:33:21 AM
Edited-2/8/2007 9:19:00 AM

4 comments:

Patti said...

test comment box

Patti said...

Well, I tried several times to leave a message. This is the 3rd time. Maybe it will work this time. I went into your comment settings and made a few changes thinking that everyone else may be having as much difficulty as me leaving you comments. Hope the changes I made work...we will see. Your blog is looking great...

Patti said...

I am brilliant, just like you... If you do not like the fact that you can actually get some comments, just let me know and I will go back into your settings and screw it back up so nobody can comment....hahhahahahah
Now...I hope I see more comments on your posts...Love ya....

Caci said...

papa, your blog looks so good now! I am glad you are in Blogland with the others of us who are hooked! I look forward to reading your thoughts....don't let Aunt Patti screw it up again so we can't leave comments! LOL hahahahaha Love, Caci