Feb 15, 2007

Wide Awake




Finn, you are my grandson and my strength.
You’ll be the sort of man your name implies.
My “fair-haired soldier” boy, you are a fighter,
and I see my life’s contentment in your eyes.

With your quiet grace you have won the hearts
of everyone who knows of your dire plight.
The aura, of God’s Greatness, surrounds you;
you are my gentle, handsome, “fair-haired-knight”.

The world’s a better place because of you.
You were born to achieve a needed goal.
I believe you’ll show the world how to conquer
life’s conflicting threats that take their lethal toll.

No-one yet knows the boundaries of your talents,
or how your gifts from God will satisfy
a world with a million unsolved problems
equivalent to a “boulder” in its eye.

You’ve been chosen by God to serve a purpose.
Are there others? I can’t even start to guess.
You can refuse to use God’s given talents;
but I have confidence you will say “YES”!

When your life is done . . . and questions answered,
may you stand before God and hear Him say,
“Welcome home, my faithful, fair-haired soldier,
you listened, and did willingly obey”!


Papa


© John F. Templin
2/6/2007 5:59:04 AM
Completed-2/6/2007 10:23:01 AM
Edited-2/8/2007 9:19:00 AM2/15/2007 6:26:32 PM

No comments: