Feb 15, 2007

An "old man's" solution to a "young man's" game


As is the usual in my world, trying to improve a new site without understanding the rules leaves a few of the old things out of the new fixes. In this case it is ALL the comments, left by all of you, on the first three or four days this Blog was posted.

Hopefully, I’ve learned enough by stubbornly hammering on this ‘till it produced what I wanted, so it won’t all disappear in the twinkling of an eye. If it does I’ll rebuild it in the only way I know how. Blindly, and stubbornly, until it does what I expect it to.

After the couple dozen poems are posted (those written in the twilight zone of not knowing Finn’s actual health status and his chances for recovery) I will begin posting poems written for my children, grandchildren, great-grandchildren, and the circle of friends involved with this family.

Some will only have to be posted, as they are already part of that person's life. The others will have to be written and posted as I can. At least, this is a wake-up call to me to get off my “duff”, and not leave anyone without.

Might be fun! Who knows? We’ll just have to wait and see. I also invite the posting of poems any of you may have written about kindred, or mutual friends of the group.

That applies to both older, and younger segments of our family and friends. Because of age we may not have the same circle, but a friend of any family member is a friend of the whole family. We can honor them ( or poke 'em) as we do our own.

We know a circle has no end. In this case, to the love and commitment extended to all who are born into, or accepted by, this family.

We treat friends, and family members, the same. We love 'em ALWAYS, but tolerate 'em ALMOST always. We are “Equal Opportunitists”! No such word? You know what I mean.


(After the first Opportunity it’ists too late).

Finn, FIRST . . . the rest of us LATER


1 comment:

Patti said...

Well, I am glad to see that you have made some progress on your blog. It looks really great. I am having a hard time leaving a comment though. It says that the blog author (you) must approve the comment and something to do with comment moderation. Maybe we need to check your comment settings.